ADVATX laser is a new, state of the art laser that uses high powered, yellow light of wavelength 589nm. In simple terms, this specific wavelength is very advantageous and effective in various medical treatments. ADVATX is a multipurpose laser. It can be used to treat both skin and vascular conditions.
- Due to its gentle effect and quick-healing after-effects, it is ideal for treating skin conditions like
- Acne scars that appears as hyperpigmentation and redness
- Rosacea—redness in the cheeks and/or nose giving flushed appearance of the skin
- Broken Capillaries
- Cherry Spots or Cherry Angiomas
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Increased pore size
What wavelength of light does the ADVATX laser use?
The ADVATX laser uses 589 nm solid yellow light primarily. However, it is also able to combine it with 1319 nm infrared light wavelength as well. This adds to the range of functions of this laser.
What is the importance of yellow light?
- Various colored lights were previously used in dermatology. They were used to not only observe but also treat conditions. However, with the advent of time, it was found that it was harder for some colors to penetrate whereas some colored lights were very penetrating. This was due to the absorption of these colors by the melanin in our skin. This especially made it harder to observe the deeper structures in darker skin tones because of higher melanin concentration.
- Yellow light was found ideal as it could penetrate not only the surface structures like melanin and nail folds, but also the deeper structures like vessels as well. This is because colors, like yellow, have a higher wavelength and are thus more powerful and penetrative.
What is the importance of 589 nm wavelength light?
Light is an amazing resource. It comes in different wavelengths and each wavelength can target something new. With science, we have been able to manipulate using these wavelengths to our advantage. So far, it has been found that combination of various wavelengths can be used to treat various skin conditions. However, 589 nm wavelength stands out from the rest as it can control conditions like:
- Acne: The 589 nm wavelength can destroy a gram-positive Propionibacterium acne (or P acne) bacteria, the root cause of acne. This helps to lighten hyperpigmentation or blemishes from resolved acne and manage chronic cases. Furthermore, this light can also penetrate deep within to reach the capillaries that supply the cystic nodes. This cuts off nutrition for acne zits and both the bacteria and acne start to recede. ADVATX is the only laser that allows practitioners to manage both active and incumbent acne simultaneously.
- Warts: 589 nm wavelength is also acquired use of while treating or eliminating warts. Warts not only present a bad aesthetic but can irritating or even triggering for some people. This specific 589 nm laser can penetrate deep and destroy the vessels supplying these warts. Destroying the main nutrition source of the warts helps to get rid of them permanently or at least, for quite a long time.
- Rosacea: The exact cause of rosacea is unknown but it is often linked to acne and broken capillaries that cause erythema and facial flushing which is either often or persistent. It can also be due to triggers like sunlight and consuming hot liquids like tea or spicy foods. The 589 nm laser can destroy acne causing bacteria and fix broken capillaries by inducing rearrangement of endothelial cells.
- Broken capillaries: The 589 nm wavelength is useful in causing very minute abrasions. Induced endothelial injury awakes a response from the body and stimulates production and rearrangement of endothelial cells. This leads to healing of capillaries.
- Pigmentation: Melanin is the protein that is secreted by skin cells and is responsible for the pigment of our skin. However, sometimes there is overproduction of melanin and this can lead to hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation can look very unflattering and negatively effect your physical look. Fortunately, the 589 nm wavelength is most suitable for damaging and destroying the hypersecreting melanocytes. This leads to a decrease in pigment levels and hence, hyperpigmentation can be treated.
- Melasma: Melasma is quite a common skin condition experienced mostly by women, especially during pregnancy because of an imbalance in hormones, and is associated by diffused hyperpigmented blotches on the face, neck or forearms. Melasma is quite a stubborn skin condition and may take a very long time of treated with chemical bleaches and peels. And even with this regimen, patients may end up having refractory melasma. However, the 589 nm laser has been deemed a very good solution for treating melasma with quicker results and without any rebound flare ups.
- Increased pore size: People with oily skin have overactive sebaceous glands which secrete sebum into the pores of skin. Overfilled pores become wide overtime and stay increased in size. This makes the overall quality of skin look bad. The 589 nm can be used to reduce pore size and make skin look smoother and younger.
What is the importance of 1319 nm infrared wavelength of light?
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Everyone ages – it is a natural process. However, the wrinkles and fine lines that are visible with time can be a great distress on one’s self-esteem. There are so many other stressful situations in our fleeting 30s, wrinkles needs to be one less problem to handle. Wrinkle reduction can be done by making use of the 1319 nm laser wavelength. This specific wavelength causes microabrasions in the skin by denaturing or destroying proteins and thus, stimulating collagen regenesis. As a result, the thinning epidermis is renewed and fine lines are reduced, giving skin a youthful glow.
- Acne Scars: Some scars do not go away with time. Instead, they form a dent or an engraving in the skin. These atrophied scars can also be taken care of by the ADVATX laser. While 589 nm wavelength was ideal to remove redness and inflammation of acne, it is the 1319 nm one that promotes collagen formation in that area. With an optimum powered wavelength, the ADVATX laser creates wounds in the dermis, stimulating collagen remodeling. This rejuvenates the skin.
Why is ADVATX laser preferred over other lasers?
- For patients: ADVATX laser is very much preferred over other lasers. This is because it is superior in the basis of being not only more powerful but it has shown far more effective results with a reduction in caused pain as it is very gentle on the skin. In fact, there is only limited to mild swelling and very little inflammation.
- For practitioners: Despite being state of the art, the ADVATX laser is comparably simple in use. And as it does not leave much side effects, can be a great deal of help for both dermatologists and physicians.
Is ADVATX laser effective for all skin tones?
ADVATX laser can be used by people of all skin tones, however, it works better on lighter skin tones. If you have somewhat darker skin, you will require treatment with skin lightening creams to prime your skin in advance before the procedure.
Should I get an ADVATX laser procedure done?
- ADVATX laser is new in the market. It combines two experiences in one – a vascular laser and a skin rejuvenation laser. This is completely state of the art and gives the client twice the benefit.
- The beauty of ADVATX laser is that it can tackle various skin problems in one go. Lesser and faster sessions would be required as compared to if you were using another laser.
- The ADVATX laser leave the client feeling better not only mentally but physically also. The reason is that it is gentle on the skin and causes almost little to no pain. In fact we normally do not numb for this Swelling and inflammation that is caused after procedures is also minimal as compared to other lasers.
- If you have dark skin, you will have to undergo skin lightening treatment before the actual procedure so that the ADVATX laser can work better on your skin. This will allow the laser to penetrate deeper into the skin and work its magic.