Irvine Kybella for double chin is a prescription medicine that gets used for adults who are looking to improve their profile and appearance. This is an FDA approved fat reduction treatment that’s injectable. It leaves patients with a finely defined jawline after dissolving the fat cells that cause a double chin.
Treatments usually don’t require any downtime and are minimally invasive. Still, there are some moderate to mild side effects. Swelling is one of the most common. This is considered normal but it can cause inconvenience and some discomfort. It is usually just a temporary situation. It usually takes around 30 days to subside.
That’s why we recommend that you space your injections out at least a month apart. Usually, patients need several sessions and six treatments is the high-end. We usually recommend one injection every 30 days for a six-month period.
The Reasons Behind Irvine Kybella Swelling
This is the result of the body’s reaction to the treatment. It is especially prevalent in patients with a low tolerance to deoxycholic acid. There are several other reasons that include the likelihood of inflammation such as:
- You are getting the treatment for the first time.
- The injectors don’t have the necessary experience.
- The injection sites are not properly spaced apart.
- Large doses of Irvine Kybella for double chin are needed to treat some fat deposits.
Any swelling and inflammation usually show up right after the procedure is done. It usually peaks anywhere from 2 to 3 days after the session is over. Here are some things that you can do to reduce the chances of swelling.
- Stay away from food and drinks with salt and sugar before the treatment session.
- Take a break from strenuous exercise for several days after the session is over.
- Cut down on your exposure to heat and sun for a few days after the injection.
Even if you follow the tips listed above, you might suffer from some minor puffiness. Drinking water can help. Sleep with your head propped up by several pillows so it is in an upright position.
Swelling might be accompanied by other symptoms. These could be the sign of a serious side effect or infection. Symptoms like difficulty swallowing and weak facial muscles are rare with
Irvine Kybella. However, you should visit your doctor if you start suffering from these problems.