Nonsurgical Nose Job With Dermal Fillers
You want your nose to honor the proportions of your face. If you wish your nose had a little more volume to it–maybe in the bridge, maybe near the forehead–a nonsurgical nose job can help you achieve your nose goals. Changing the nose can harmonize your entire face, giving you the overall look you desire, not to mention a nice boost of confidence and self-esteem.
Revolutionary techniques using dermal fillers can improve nasal contours, straighten noses, and soften unsightly defects at the fraction of the price of a rhinoplasty.
How Can Dermal Fillers Help?
Use of dermal fillers for other improvements is performed at the provider’s discretion but has become widespread with uses such as scar revision, lip augmentation, dark circles, and more. For a better understanding of how they work, you can read more about facial dermal fillers.
When performed by a highly qualified experienced injector, contouring the nose through the use of dermal fillers can be an excellent option for some patients. Possible applications include:
- Building the nose bridge (augmenting the dorsum)
- Refining the results of nose surgery (filling in small defects)
- Correcting asymmetry and concavities
- Tip enhancement (adding dimension or improving the shape of a flat tip)
- Smoothing or straightening the nasal hump
How Does a Nonsurgical Nose Job Work?
You can add volume to your nose in precise locations to reshape its appearance using dermal fillers. For example, if you want to eliminate a bump on the bridge of your nose, you can add filler around the bump to create a smooth slope. If your nose has a concave, scooped-out, or turned-up appearance, you can similarly add volume to the bridge of your nose to create a smooth, straight slope. If your nose has a bulbous tip, adding volume to the rest of the nose reduces the bulbous appearance to create a more balanced and defined look.
The type of filler used for the nose can vary. Dr. Tsay prefers to use Juvéderm Voluma XC or Restylane Lyft, which are very viscous and have a high G-prime or lifting power to maintain the shape that is injected. Softer fillers cannot maintain their shape where it will have good results immediately after injection but may flatten or soften shortly afterwards. These fillers are made of hyaluronic acid which can last up to a year. You can discuss with your injector about which filler best suits your needs.
You can even combine to dermal filler with Botox injections to the nostrils to slim the nares or nostrils by relaxing the muscle, thereby causing it to atrophy. This gives a very subtle, 1 mm slimming effect on each side and takes 4-6 weeks to see the effects.
Benefits of Nose Dermal Fillers
There are several benefits to nose dermal fillers:
- Fillers are temporary
- Should a patient be dissatisfied with the results, the filler will fade and a new approach can be attempted. If you really did not like the results, you can dissolve the filler with hyaluronidase to break down the filler (only applicable for hyaluronic acid fillers)
- Natural-looking results
- Versatile and precise
- Your injector can achieve delicate and specific improvements that may not be possible with nose surgery
- Slimmer nose
- Adding even slight amounts of filler on the bridge lifts the skin on the sides of the nose to give a tighter, slimming effect
- Immediate results
- Results are visible very soon after the procedure, if not immediately, whereas results from nose surgery can take up to a year to refine
- No general anesthesia
- The patient is conscious during the procedure so they can work with the injector in real-time to ensure that the results meet their goals and expectations.
- No downtime
- There may be some minor bruising, redness, and/or swelling after the procedure. Patients can return to work or their daily routine right after treatment and makeup can be applied 24 hours after injections
What are the Side Effects?
Side effects of nonsurgical nose jobs are fairly minimal. You can expect to feel some bruising and sensitivity around the area for up to a week. Light swelling is common for the first couple day afters treatment.
How Long do the Nonsurgical Nose Job Results Last?
Nonsurgical nose job results typically last up to a year. If you are considering a nonsurgical nose job, contact our office to have an initial consultation.